Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yay new house!

Nula says, "Go forth and build me a house, exactly 20 cubits by 30 cubits." No, that's what Ann said to me. Nula's exact words were "I-waahhnn ummm housh-u-moush."

We are excited to a
nnounce the birth of our new house. We don't have a blog for our kids, but we have one for our house, which incidentally, is still a gleam in its' (is a house a boy or a girl?) parents eyes. Meaning, it's still a hole in the ground. Notwithstanding the previous, we would like to keep everyone updated on the status of the construction of the house. Mostly because we're so excited. And because we're overtly confident that everyone cares as much as we do. Yay! Over-assumptive narcissism. We love you all!

Quick Facts:

Location: Farmington Ranches (West of I-15, ok really West of I-15, ok, like almost out to the lake West of I-15)

Style: Northwestern Craftsman, with a few requisite Utah house touches.

Type: 2-story, slab-on-grade, a little bit bigger than our condo. No basement (frown).

Projected Completion: December 2008 sometime.

Here's us at the Ground-breaking ceremony. I forgot my golden shovel. I was also a little surprised that no one else showed up. Didn't you all get the invitations?

Here's a few videos!



More to come later.



We hope to be done before Christmas!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad your house has a blog so I can keep up to date, but do you think you could slip in a little about the family somewhere too? You DO have really cute kids, you know.

Adri said...

Hooray for the hole! Finally! I remember at age 11 being dragged over daily to our building site, watching my mom and dad inspecting every square inch. To me, it looked like nothing dramatic changed from day to day. My dad took lots of pictures of us kids sitting on beams and peeking through framed walls. What an exciting time for your cute family!

Nicole said...

Ann I'm glad you finally got a personal blog which I guess we should be thanking Aaron for. But you have to update it more than your art blog. I'm glad your house is finally getting started. It seems like its been a long time coming.

Kami said...

It looks more than a LITTLE bigger than your condo! Congrats, guys! It's so exciting!