Monday, July 21, 2008

Meet McBeamerson



This is McBeamerson, a new member of our family. Isn't he cute? This is the scene Annie and I found last week when we went (wow +5 alliteration!) out to the house. The framers had installed this 20ft by 18in steel beam across the back of our family room. Yes, it was as per specs, but we just didn't realize it would hang so low. I could reach up and touch it from the ground. It hung down a full 18in from the ceiling. Our builder tried to talk us into leaving it initially, stating that "oh, you won't even notice it when it's in." Hi, have you met us before? We are apparently very picky. Because we did not want McBeamerson in the family. So, after some words were exchanged with the framer...I give you...'lil Beemie! They pushed the beam up into the ceiling and said our HVAC wouldn't work, but we didn't care! We are form over function people. So, when you come over, bring your portable fans and/or heaters, cause it's going to be hot and/or cold in our house.

Here's the after picture of 'lil beemie.

2 comments:

Call me Mimi said...

Wow, I'm so excited about you getting a new house. Where is this property?

Brooke said...

Ok, it is not nearly as bad as I had pictured! Now that I think of it, my mom as one running like that through her kitchen, and it actually looks like it is supposed to there! I agree form over function! Looks great, so excited for you!